IBM has released Maximo v7.5, so here is a quick rundown of what’s new in this version. The biggest thing I see so far is the PM forecasting capabilities. Preventive maintenance forecasting gives users the ability to see future PM requirements such as materials needed so they can order them ahead of time. I know a lot of companies out there will find this useful. Our company (InterPro Solutions) has done some PM forecast using reports and such, but this is a nice feature to have for anyone. Check out the new feature list below:
New features available in IBM Maximo Asset Management focuses on the supply chain and work management business areas:
- Expanded materials issues processes with status able documents supporting staging activities.
- Addition of inventory costing methods including last-in, first-out (LIFO) and first-in, first-out (FIFO).
- Support for consignment inventory with processes around payment and issue of vendor-managed goods.
- Ability to manage multiple revisions of a purchase order, with history and supporting business logic, so that administrators can define by quantity in addition to current cost methodology receipt tolerances that are enforced during the receiving process. Many processing improvements have been added to the invoice application, allowing users to reverse transactions and define more accurately general ledger (GL) posting dates.
- Provides the ability to identify a repair facility on work orders that may be in an alternate site, which allows for greater flexibility in work assignment. In addition, the assignments tab is available in the work order tracking application for labor allocation from an individual record.
- The preventative maintenance (PM) forecasting capabilities, first made available through IBM Maximo Asset Management Scheduler, are now available in IBM Maximo Asset Management V7.5, which gives users visibility into future preventative maintenance requirements.
- Ability to revise job plans is included with IBM Maximo Asset Management V7.5 and was previously provided in IBM Maximo Calibration. Also added is support for asset templates, which is now available in IBM Maximo Asset Management V7.5 and provides the ability to mass update asset records.
- Support for Service Level Agreements was previously sold as a separate chargeable component with IBM Maximo Asset Management. The features of defining the business rules around service delivery are now included with IBM Maximo Asset Management V7.5.
- Technical and administrative improvements provide users with better usability, supporting streamlined data validation enabling heads-down data entry.
- The ability to import and export data within each application is also available, allowing for more robust data manipulation. This release provides additional scripting technology in order to support advanced configurations such as user-defined calculated fields. Extended email listener capabilities support status changes.
- Many improvements are included in the migration manager including collections (pick and choose), source – target comparison, automatic inclusion of same-as objects, and improved error processing. These enable you to better align migration manager with development environments and to create and distribute content effectively.
The IBM Maximo Industry Solutions are introducing capabilities focused on providing extended functionality to support their unique requirements.
- IBM Maximo Space Management for Facilities and IBM Maximo Data Center Infrastructure Management support DB2®.
- IBM Maximo Asset Management for Internal Service Providers and IBM Maximo Asset Management for Managed Service Providers are introducing enhanced automated billing capabilities, including monthly billing of managed assets and actual usage.
- IBM Maximo for Nuclear Power provides new clearances, corrective actions, and workflows to help improve operational performance, regulatory excellence, and life extension.
- IBM Maximo for Transportation offers expanded motor pool capabilities supporting large organizations.
- IBM Maximo for Oil and Gas supports non-conformance reporting, multiple-person incident reporting, additional ISO 14224 failure reporting, and qualification certification and validation.
- IBM Maximo Spatial Asset Management supports public map services, map tips, and editing enhancements.
- IBM Maximo for Utilities supports meter alarms and North American Electric Reliability Corporation-Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC-CIP).
- IBM Maximo Everyplace allows end users to access IBM Maximo Asset Management, IBM Tivoli® Asset Management for IT, and IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager® from any smart phone device running iOS (iPhone, iTouch, and iPad) or Android 2.1, or later through the native browser.