Northeastern University has been a client of InterPro Solutions, LLC since 1999. InterPro’s services to NEU include facility maintenance program development, integrating work process improvements into their existing CMMS software (Maximo 4.1.1), developing reports and providing IT technical support such as software/hardware upgrades, performance tuning and software customizations.
In 2005 Northeastern management asked InterPro to develop a comprehensive facility maintenance program for several new and existing facilities, establish a balanced preventive maintenance schedule within the CMMS software system and improve the overall ROI of facility maintenance.
This positive relationship between InterPro Solutions and Northeastern University has proven to be a case study in success – cutting costs and improving maintenance efficiencies.
- Construction of new facilities was completed without an operations and maintenance program being established by the time of occupancy
- Scheduled maintenance for older facilities was tracked by paper and not by the computerized maintenance management system
- Labor and material requirements and usage was not centrally tracked
- Energy, labor and material costs were increasing while customer satisfaction was decreasing
Goals and Objectives
- Improved forecasting of work and material requirements
- Lower the cost of materials (belts and filters) by streamlining the material ordering process
- Monitor and manage material usage and cost by trade, facility and/or campus
- Generate equipment and facility work history reports
- Track outside contractor cost and work history on campus
- Improve customer satisfaction and work environment
- Created a detailed facility asset register by documenting what we have for equipment, where is it and what’s the proper maintenance schedule and tasks
- Integrated the detailed facility asset register information into Maximo,Northeastern’s computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Performed PM load balancing thus improving work scheduling and material